Top 10 video surveillance cameras of 2016
In the first of a series of 2016’s top 10 security products, we present the top 10 video surveillance camera models from 2016, based on click rate from asmag.com.
In order to come up with a comprehensive assessment, the products on this list all adhere to the following guidelines:
- The main purpose of the camera must be for professional security; no Wi-Fi cameras, cube cameras, DIY, or cameras targeted at the smart home sector were included.
- Only one camera per company was chosen.
Viewing distribution charts are provided for each product to show from what regions each product is being viewed. Regions included in the charts are as follows: Asia, Americas, Europe and Oceania.
According to a report from IHS Markit, 2016 saw the continuation of several long-term trends in the video surveillance market. This includes the move from standard-definition (SD) analog equipment to high-definition (HD) video surveillance and network equipment, aggressive price competition, further consolidation of the supply base and the increasing importance of China in the world market. The top two players that topped the surveillance camera ranking this year are the two biggest Chinese manufacturers – Hikvision Digital Technology and Dahua Technology which reflects the report’s findings.
As the use for surveillance cameras grow more and more broad, products are increasingly packed filled with features that allow them to be deployed in extreme or low light conditions – not the traditional indoor security we saw years ago.
While we saw a slight trend towards players perfecting the technology of seeing clear images in dark environments, manufacturers such as Hikvision Digital Technology and Axis Communications launched corrosion proof and explosion proof products for hazardous environments.
Looking back on 2016, half of the products that made the top 10 were also featured in 2015’s top 10 ranking. Nonetheless, the new entrants to this year’s ranking was an interesting turn out, with technological advancements that saw more advanced software innovations. From the data we collected, some of the most viewed products that made the ranking focused on software technology:
- Surveon Technology’s video analytics and PoE support for dynamic applications
- Merit LILIN’s auto focus adjustment software
- Pelco by Schneider Electric’s panomersive experience that allowed the user to pan, tilt and zoom on a whole panoramic scene
- DynaColor’s fisheye camera that features edge dewarping up to 4 MP
For details info clik here